Shop by Category
This is an old folk remedy that has been used very successfully for both gallbladder problems and liver problems. I recommend it for people who do not see the flush as an option. It can be used for all sorts of stomach complaints as well as constipation. It is also an alternative menstrual cramp treatment and a uterine fibroid treatment. Regular treatments give better results. For gall stone treatment, consistency is imperative; 3 days on and 4 days off for 2-3 months is traditional. You can do them more frequently, but do take off a day or 2 minimum per week.
You will need:
- Cold Pressed Castor Oil
- Wool Flannel
- Heating Pad (Do not use heat with an infected gallbladder)
- Plastic Wrap or a large plastic bag
- Two Old Towels
- Old Clothing such as pyjamas or sweat suit
- Baking soda
Much of the above is for protection from the castor which is sticky, messy and stains. I keep an old set of clothing that I use just for castor oil packs. The first two ingredients you will find at a health food store. The brand of castor oil I use is from "Home Health" or "Palma Christi". They also make wool flannel. Cotton flannel will do if that's what you have. You can also purchase everything you need at Baar.com.
Directions for Castor Oil Packs
1. Prepare your bed or couch by placing an old towel where you are going to lie. If you are going to use an electric heating pad vs a hot water bottle, you will need to situate yourself near an electrical outlet.
2. Saturate the wool flannel in castor oil. It may be warmed first if you like.
3. Place the flannel over your liver and gallbladder area. Do not be skimpy on the area covered. It is better to cover more than less.
4. Place a piece of plastic over this sticky flannel.
5. Put an old cloth or towel over the plastic.
6. Place the heating pad over top of the towel and keep it as warm as is comfortable for you.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE INFLAMMATION, DO NOT USE HEAT. You can warm the pack to start so that it is not cold on the skin, but do not use a heating pad.
8. Keep it all on for an hour or more and try to do it at the same time each day (don't skip it if you can't, though). Do this for 3 days on and 4 days off minimum. Repeat for one to three months.
8. Wash the area thoroughly with baking soda and water.
9. Optional: Take 1/2 tsp of Gallbladder ND Detox in 1/4 cup of water immediately after using a castor oil pack. This helps to gently cleanse acidic secretions that may be released with the process. 1 dropper of the Herbal Digestive Bitters could also be used.