PURIFIED BILE SALTS
180 capsules of 165 mg each
We make our own Bile Salts in very small capsules because the dosage needs to be randomly changed with every meal. Other supplements we have found to be too high to do that. With our brand, you can take what works for you.
Possible outcomes of bile salt supplementation:
- For relief of most gallbladder symptoms including gallbladder attack.
- May help to prevent against formation of gallstones and with dissolving gallstones as well. See research study below.
- Helps to emulsify or break down fats and thereby aids in the assimilation of the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and essential fatty acids.
- Purified Bile Salts help to supplement gallbladder insuficiency and increase gallbladder function.
- Helps to resolve some forms of constipation.
- Replacement of bile salts following gallbladder removal.
- Symptom relief for gallbladder diseases including gallstones or cholelithias, cholestasis, cholecystitis and general gallbladder pain.
Ingredients: 165 mg purified ox bile per capsule or 330 mg per 2 capsules, gelatin capsule
Dosage: 1-3 capsules per meal (2 or 3 for a large meal or a meal with fats). Randomly change your dosage for best results. If you have gallstones, also take 2-3 capsules at bedtime.
Research Studies Bile and Gallstones
"Chenodeoxycholic acid" (bile acid) "at a dose of 3 mg/kg per day inhibited the formation of cholesterol gallstones in animals and a human female case whose stones had disappeared within 12 weeks by administration of chenodeoxycholic acid was reported."1
"Chemical dissolution of cholesterol gallstones using ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) in six patients… The stones dissolved in five patients… A stone recurred in one patient six months after the end of therapy; the others have remained free of stones for up to 24 months."2
Research Studies Bile and Constipation
Of the patients taking bile salts in this study, "There was a significant improvement of constipation..."3
1. Hiroshi Tanimura and Yorninori Hikasa, The Etiology and Pathophysiology of Cholelithiasis
Journal of Gastroenterology, Springer Japan ISSN0944-1174 (Print) 1435-5922 , Volume 10, Number 1 / March, 1975
2. U. Leuschner, M. Leuschner, J. Sieratzki, W. Kurtz and K. Hübner,Gallstone dissolution with ursodeoxycholic acid in patients with chronic active hepatitis and two years follow-up
Springer Netherlands, Digestive Diseases and Sciences, Volume 30, Number 7 / July, 1985
3.Fromm H, Roat JW, Gonzalez V, Sarva RP, Farivar S. Comparative efficacy and side effects of ursodeoxycholic and chenodeoxycholic acids in dissolving gallstones. A double-blind controlled study.
Gastroenterology. 1983 Dec;85(6):1257-64.
Williams CI, Shaffer EA. Gallstone disease: current therapeutic practice
Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2008 Mar;11(2):71-7
Posted by Betsy on Jul 7th 2016
Since I have had my gallbladder removed I could never digest food correctly, causing great pain about 20 minutes after anything I ate. Bile salts, in addition to choline, has helped me be pain free for the first time in years after I eat. I am back to eating delicious salads and veggies along with small amounts of clean, organic meats. Thank you!!